One Year - Engineering – NSQF Level -3
Professional Skill Attained by the trainee through practical training at ITI’s
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding ( SMAW)
- Oxy-Acetylene gas Welding (OAW)
- Oxy-Acetylene Gas Cutting (OAGC)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC)
- Resistance welding (RW)
- Inspection &testing
Specific Learning Outcome from the Trainees
- Set the gas welding plant and join MS sheet in different positionfollowing safety precautions. [Different position: – 1F, 2F, 3F, 1G, 2G, 3G.]
- Set the SMAW machine and perform different type of joints on MS in different position observing standard procedure. [different types of joints- Fillet ( T-joint, lap & Corner), Butt (Square & V); different position – 1F, 2F, 3F,4F, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G]
- Set the oxy- acetylene cutting plant and perform different cutting operations on MS plate. [Different cutting operation – Straight, Bevel, circular]
- Perform welding in different types of MS pipe joints by Gas welding (OAW). [Different types of MS pipe joints – Butt, Elbow, T-joint, angle (45) joint, flange joint]
- Set the SMAW machine and perform welding in different types of MS pipe joints by SMAW. [Different types of MS pipe joints – Butt, Elbow, T-joint, angle (45) joint, flange joint]
- Choose appropriate welding process and perform joining of different types of metals and check its correctness.[appropriate welding process – OAW, SMAW; Different metal – SS, CI, Brass, Aluminium]
- Demonstrate arc gouging operation to rectify the weld joints.
- Test welded joints by different methods of testing. [different methods of testing- Dye penetration test, Magnetic particle test, Nick break test, Free band test, Fillet fracture test]
- Set GMAW machine and perform welding in different types of joints on MS sheet/plate by GMAW in various positions by dip mode of metal transfer. [different types of joints- Fillet ( T-joint, lap, Corner), Butt (Square & V); various positions- 1F, 2F, 3F,4F, 1G, 2G, 3G]
- Set the GTAW machine and perform welding by GTAW in different types of joints on different metals in different position and check correctness of the weld. [different types of joints- Fillet ( T-joint, lap, Corner), Butt (Square & V) ; different metals- Aluminium, Stainless Steel; different position- 1F & 1G]
- Perform Aluminium& MS pipe joint by GTAW in flat position.
- Set the Plasma Arc cutting machine and cut ferrous & non-ferrous metals.
- Set the resistance spot welding machine and join MS& SS sheet.
- Perform joining of different similar and dissimilar metals by brazing operation as per standard procedure. [different similar and dissimilar metals- Copper, MS, SS]
- Repair Cast Iron machine parts by selecting appropriate welding process. [Appropriate welding process- OAW, SMAW]
- Hard facing of alloy steel components/ MS rod by using hard facing electrode.
- Read and apply engineering drawing for different application in the field of work.
- Demonstrate basic mathematical concept and principles to perform practical operations. Understand and explain basic science in the field of study.
Machineries and Equipment Handled by the Trainees:
- SMAW 2. OAW 3. OAGC 4. GMAW 5. GTAW 6. PAC 7. RW Machines